Monday, August 30, 2010

Khloe Mae Revay

The Story..................................


On Sunday the 22nd I had not been feeling well at all. I ended up going to labor and delivery and making sure everything was ok. The checked me and my cervix was soft but I was not dilated. They sent me home and Joey and I went to the mall and walked around for hours. I was so tired after that. I woke up in the middle of the night with "cramps" and since that day they did not stop! Tuesday (my due date) was the same way but the "cramps" were more intense. After explaining them to my sister and mom they said I think your having contractions. They were very inconsistent 20 mins apart 8 mins 30 mins 10 mins.. this went on all day. Wednesday  I woke up and they were WAY worse and getting closer together but still not 5 minutes apart (thats when I could go to labor and delivery). I was on about 5 hours total sleep since Sunday so I was very exhausted and thought maybe thats why I felt so terrible. My contraction were about 12 minutes apart all day long and each time got more painful. I sat around most of the day and when Joey got home from work I told him I think we should be prepared. Joey and I got into bed at about 10pm. At 12:45 I was awoke with yet another awful contraction. I tried every position possible to ease the pain as the morning hours went by  I knew I would be in the hospital soon there was no way these could keep going I was in so much pain. I waited till they were consistent and by 4:30 I woke Joey up with our bags ready to go.

Joey Ran around making sure we had everything while I was trying to hold it together and ease the pain. We made it to the hospital at around 5 am. I didn't want to call my family yet in case it was a false alarm. After they got me hooked up and asked what my pain was from 1 - 10.  I say "its a 10 its a 10" They checked me and I was dilated to a 1!!! I thought they were going to send me home.. Then the other nurse came in and told me to breath because this was going to hurt.. ( I will be skipping all the gory details) After a couple minutes of a pain I can not explain I was to a 4. Everything happened so fast the nurses were telling Joey and I things and running around. They left the room and I turn to Joey and  say" Are they keeping me or what? , He says babe I really have no clue whats going on" HAHA.. Finally the nurse comes back and I say" Am I having this baby or what" She says yes sweetie your having this baby" Those were the best words I have ever heard! I tell Joey call my mom and then the whirlwind began.

While Joey was calling everyone letting them know what was going on we were sent to the delivery room and they hooked me up to the IV took my blood got me dressed all the while  I am having these terrible contractions. They asked if I would like pain medication. YES PLEASE.. After they gave me this amazing stuff I was so much calmer and finally could think. Then came the epidural. Poor Joey was a little freaked out by the needle good thing I couldn't see what was going on! After a couple hours I was still at a 4, I was not dilating at all so they gave me the pitocin. As Joey went to get our bags ,all the sudden nurses came running in and had to flip me over put me on oxygen and do a bunch of other stuff.. I had to sit on my hand and knees( that was very difficult since my legs were numb) for a while. I guess my blood pressure shot up and Khloe's heart rate dropped. poor Joey walked in and was so worried. From then on I had to keep changing positions for her so it wouldn't drop again. I pushed for 3 long hours, the epidural had wore off on one side and I was exhausted.
Aug. 25th, 5:07pm.
5 lbs 13 oz. 18 1/12 inches


As they sucked the fluid out of her mouth she never screamed or really even cried. She just let out a little squeak. They placed her on my chest and she just looked up at me with her big beautiful eyes. I can not explain the feeling I had looking at her. The love I felt immediately for her is overwhelming everything around me was a blur. Is all I seen or heard was her. I will never forget that moment for as long as I live. It was the best moment  of my life. I knew at that moment that my life was now complete. I had Joey the most wonderful man I could ever dream of at my side and our daughter that is so perfect in my arms. Every pain, sleepless night, tears, the waiting, it was all more than worth this special blessing that is in my life. 

Joey is not the best with blood, needles, anything like that so he couldn't cut the cord haha thats ok though I don't think I could of either! They took her and gave her a bath and still she didnt cry just looked around at everything.We were moved to the recovery room and we were there till Friday and discharged at around 11am.  Thankfully my amazing mom was able to be there and share this experience with me. After having a child of your own it really makes you appreciate your own mother that much more. She was so helpful and Joey and I both loved having her here with us. We wish all of our family could have been there but they will all be here with us soon enough and we cant wait! 


Khloe is now 5 days old and we are loving every second with her! I am healing very well I am a little sore, tired and VERY puffy ( I am holding water like crazy) But overall I feel great and Khloe is doing great as well. Healthy as can be!


3 comments:

  1. Congrtas Jerrica! She is too cute! I love the picture in the tub. She is such a tiny little thing. Watch out it doesn't last long enough! Addi Is huge already. Hope your getting lots of rest and enjoying that cute baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jer... Glad everything went smoothly and you finally got your little angel girl here safe and sound!!! She is adorable. I love her big beautiful eyes. You will realize very quickly they don't stay small forever so cherish every little moment with her because before you know it she'll be crawling, walking, talking, and you'll be sending her off to school!!! Take Care and Congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gotta love the epidural!! Labor sucks. Glad everything went well. She is so beautiful!! Keep posting pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails