Friday, October 22, 2010

Our first road trip

Joey had to leave for a week of training so Khloe and headed to Overton....

The trip down I had to stop three times. 

First to fix he head I hate when it falls she looks so uncomfortable.
Second to feed and change her
Third to get something to eat, go to the bathroom, feed and change Khloe. 

We made it in 71/2 hours!!! We were both so ready to get out of that car! 

I stayed mostly at Jessica and Kyles house( THANK YOU) The girls and True just love Khloe. Grace of course couldn't wait but Alayana was so in awe of her she was always touching her and helping put her binky back in.True and Addison thought she was neat for a minute then went along tearing up the house! I swear as soon as I sat her down it was a swarm of the kids around her. She seemed to really enjoy it! The first couple days we just drank Pepsi with the amazing ice at Lins and hung out. My dad and Grandma and Grandpa Joe came down as well as Terrie and My Grandma Helen. Im so glad they all got to meet her! Half way through my visit I got a terrible flu. I was out of commission for a few days. Khloe then started to throw up and had been super fussy:( Let me tell you I have never felt so helpless. I wish I could help her and make all her sickness go away!! I did what I could and she seemed to feel better.My mom took us to her house and took care of us and we let Jess have a little break from us. I had felt a little better so Jess me and mom ( Kell was at work:( ) We decided to make candy and caramel apples! It was a disaster, the caramel wouldnt stick to the apples the chocolate wouldnt stick to the caramel. The candy apples were WAY to sticky and about ripped our teeth out. But in true fashion we had a contest whos was better and if you ask each one of us whos was the best we would say our own. We all know mine were the best though!! I got to visit with Kell a little bit but she worked most of the time. It was so nice to see everyone but before we knew it it was time to go home.

The trip home only took us 6 1/2 hours  but it was WAY WORSE, Khloe had not got over her sickness and I still was not feeling well so she cried and fussed the whole way! It rained on us and was really foggy. Plus you have to love Cali drivers, one almost ran me off the road Khloe cried and then I cried! 

I finally got home and we had carved pumpkins before I left ( we also had a contest for this I WON.. of course) I got Khloe in the house and layed her on a blanket and went to take pictures of our pumpkins they were completely rotted. I closed the sliding glass door behind me because it was chilly.I turn around to come back in and the door wont open!!!! ITS LOCKED! I locked my self on my balcony ( our town house is two stories and the balcony is above the car port. I pushed and pulled at the door and started to panic. There my baby is all alone inside while im locked out. I had many Ideas how to get in but none of them seemed that great.. I could jump but I would break both my legs, I could tie my hose on the railing and shimmy myself down but again I would end up falling and break my legs. I could break the glass but Khloe was way to close to the door. I swear I started to hyperventilate . Just then a neighbor pulled up and thankfully I left my front door unlocked so I frantically asked her to come in my house and let me in! She probably thinks I am a crazy person now but all is well I got in! Good thing I didnt have to hurl myself over the balcony!!!!

Overall our trip was very good and we enjoyed being with the family but we are happy to be home and we missed Joey so much!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails